Also note that there are rules in the standards for maintenance lighting
circuits which are not de-energized with the main disconnect switch.  Again,
the non-de-energized circuits are not required, but permitted.

-Dave

From: Douglas Nix [mailto:d...@mac.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 2:19 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Interior lighting for large control panels

Doug,

None of the machinery standards require lighting in the panel, they simply
permit it where the designer wants to use it, and provide rules for the
installation should you choose to install it. A risk assessment should be the
deciding factor, and any customer preferences for the provision of lighting.
Have a look at the questionnaire provided in the Annexes to IEC 60204-1 for
development of the electrical system specification - I think you’ll get the
idea.

--
Doug Nix
d...@mac.com<mailto:d...@mac.com>

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all
we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and
all there ever will be to know and understand."

Albert Einstein

On 20-Apr-17, at 23:42, Doug Powell