Hi James,

The note that Rich referenced is found in the 3rd edition of IEC 62368-1.
It was not present in 2nd edition but has been added to address the problem
you described (as well as the text "or the equivalent" to the body of
6.5.1). More information here
<https://62368-ul-solutions.com/engineers/clause-6-of-iec-62368-1-flammability-requirements/>
.

There is no EN equivalent of IEC 62368-1 3rd edition
<https://www.cenelec.eu/dyn/www/f?p=104:110:885545800959701::::FSP_ORG_ID,FSP_PROJECT,FSP_LANG_ID:1257189,67625,25>
yet.

--
Scott Aldous | Regulatory Compliance Program Manager |
scottald...@google.com | 650-253-1994