It would be completely correct to say that the 51.5 dB factor is dB above
one ohm, which is the difference in magnetic and electric field units.

Ken Javor
Phone: (256) 650-5261

From: John Woodgate <j...@woodjohn.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 22:11:50 +0000
To: <EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: Re: [PSES] CISPR11 Rad Magnetic Field Emissions Limits

To fill in, that 51.5 dB  = 375.84 numerically and comes from the impedance
of free space, 120*¼ = 376.99 ohms. which is actually 51.5266 expressed in
'decibels'. Actually, expressing an impedance in 'decibels' is a illegal
operation 'but it works, so why bother?'.

Best wishes
John Woodgate OOO-Own Opinions Only
J M Woodgate and Associates www.woodjohn.uk <http://www.woodjohn.uk>
Rayleigh, Essex UK