Hi Everyone,

I am starting to add new Technical Tidbit articles to my website again. The
last one was 2016, but just posted another one with lots to come in the coming
months. An upcoming way will cover the best way to measure signal corruption in
the face of external interference.

If you are new to my website, I have posted nearly 300 papers and articles I
have written there. The Technical Tidbit articles, like the just published one,
are meant to be read in 5 minutes or less. Many of the articles expose common
mis-conceptions like that shielded magnetic field probes reject E-fields, which
is only true for one special case which is usually not met during
troubleshooting equipment. Other of the Tidbits cover one facet of design of
circuits or equipment in a concise way.

The topics are a subset to the topics I cover in more detail in my classes here
in Boulder City, NV,

The site gets well over 1,000,000 hits per year. Take a look at the site at:

http://emcesd.com
or
http://desertlabrat.com
or
http://www.dsmith.org

Here is the new article (click on the title to follow the link which is
http://emcesd.com/tt2019/tt021419.htm . The most recent article on my webpage
is located at the bottom of the page.

Technical Tidbit - February 2019
A Useful E-Field Near Field Probe for Troubleshooting

<http://emcesd.com/tt2019/tt021419.htm>Abstract: E-field probes can be very
useful in EMC settings where measurements are usually made in the far field.
E-field probes behave quite differently in the near field and when used for
troubleshooting circuits, they arre usually in the near field. E-field probes,
used in the near field, can be useful for troubleshooting designs by
concentrating the field to a small portion of a PCB or system. A useful, easy
to build, near field E-field probe is describes and its performance illustrated
with data.

Doug
[SYMBOL]