From: Brent DeWitt <bdew...@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 17:21:45 -0400
To: <EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: Re: [PSES] Frequency range for conducted emissions

For the upper end; conducted measurements end where radiated emissions
start.  Back in the mists of time someone decided that a ten meter
wavelength was something that could radiated fairly efficiently from cables,
so radiated emissions sounded like more of a risk to telecommunications.

The 150 kHz number is more directly related to licensed services.  The limit
was 450 kHz in the US until harmonization with the European measurements.
The US limit was based on protection of the AM broadcast band.  The European
Longwave AM band extends down to 148kHz, so I assume they simply rounded up
to 150 kHz.

>From a practical standpoint, if you stick with a 50 uH LISN, it starts to
deviate from 50 ohms quite a bit as you go lower.

Hope that helps.

Respectfully,

Brent DeWitt, AB1LF

On 8/12/2019 4:36 PM, 000006cee064502d-dmarc-requ...@ieee.org wrote:

> Hello group,
>

> Does anyone know why the conducted emissions for ITE products starts at 150KHz
> and end at 30MHz? Why not start at 120KHz or 190KHz. Why finish at 30 and not
> 40MHz?
>

> Thank you
>
> Peter

>  -
>  ----------------------------------------------------------------

> discussion list. To post a message to the list, send your e-mail to
> <emc-p...@ieee.org>

> Attachments are not permitted but the IEEE PSES Online Communities site at
> http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/ can be used for graphics (in well-used
> formats), large files, etc.
>

> Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/
>  Instructions: http://www.ieee-pses.org/list.html (including how to
>  List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

>  Scott Douglas <sdoug...@ieee.org>
>  Mike Cantwell <mcantw...@ieee.org>
>

> For policy questions, send mail to:
>  Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org>
>  David Heald <dhe...@gmail.com>

gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon> Virus-free.
gn=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

List rules:     http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Jim Bacher  <j.bac...@ieee.org>
David Heald <dhe...@gmail.com>