Good morning    all

When do you consider that flashpoint of a liquid can produce an explosion and
then needs to be Class Div?. See below some flammable liquid classification.
Liquid with a flashpoint more than 140 ºF are considered safe or do we need to
go over 200ºF?. Always considering that are in a tank and we are not heating it

Thank you for your answer and I wish you a nice weekend

According to NFPA 497 liquids are classified as below

3.3.6 Flammable Liquid. Any liquid that has a closed-cup flash point below
100°F (37.8°C), as determined by the test procedures and apparatus set forth in
NFPA 30 and a Reid
vapor pressure that does not exceed an absolute pressure of 40 psi (276 kPa) at
100°F (37.8°C), as determined by ASTM D323, Standard Test Method for Vapor
Pressure of Petroleum Products (Reid Method).

3.3.4 Combustible Liquid. Any liquid that has a closed-cup flash point at or
above 100°F (37.8°C), as determined by the test procedures and apparatus set
forth in NFPA 30. Combustible liquids are classified in accordance with the
following:
(1) Class II Liquid - Any liquid that has a flash point at or above 100°F
(37.8°C) and below 140°F (60°C);
(2) Class III Liquid - Any liquid that has a flash point at or above 140°F
(60°C);
(a) Class IIIA Liquid - Any liquid that has a flash point at or above 140°F
(60°C), but below 200°F (93°C);
(b) Class IIIB Liquid - Any liquid that has a flash point at or above 200°F
(93°C).

Kind Regards / Saludos cordiales / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Daniel Rodríguez

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may
contain proprietary and privileged information for the use of the designated
recipients named above. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.