I want to monitor mains of polyphase power systems VA/VB/VC/VN using EN/UL
61010-1

Ratings: 400VL:N/G; 600/690 L:L CAT III, PD2, 3Km elevation

Issue I see is to get the phase to phase spacings on my terminal block.

Requirements in Annex K are 5.5mm at 2Km but go up to ~ 6.3mm at 3Km.

I would like to use a 4 position 7.62mm pitch terminal block and with oval pcb
pads we can manage 5.5mm spacing between the plated through hole pcb pads.

Hope to use a Phoenix Contact Combicon right angle header and matching terminal
plug.

Wire size max would be 14 AWG.

I could slot the pcb between phases and coat the pcb in this area with Humiseal
or similar.

A competitor is claiming the same specs using same standard using coatings/slot
 but I do not see how they navigate the standard to claim their ratings

My take on the coating is that just reduces the effective pollution degree and
the tables give no relief in that regard at PD1.

Q  - can the coating be considered more of a potting?

Q - Are there any angles to pursue that would give use what we want?  Or other
ideas on how to terminate?

An alternative is to use a 5.08mm pitch 7 position terminal block and
depopulate the even positions.

Most of the larger pitch terminal blocks are designed for high current and are
too massive.

Your thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks

Chris Wells