Colleagues -

I contacted DGUV on 29 January 2020 via their website to determine if
"comparable work equipment" included such things as cord connected equipment
that is not hand held. The 29 January response from their engineer Hans-Peter
Steimel was that such equipment was indeed "comparable work equipment" because
it was considered "mobile equipment, because it is possible to move them during
operation or it can be moved easily from one location to another whilst
connected to the supply circuit."

This apparently stems from a different DGUV safety document, BGV/GUV-V A3 E,
1979, section 5(1)2, specifically its instructions for implementation.

Thanks to all for you help!
And thanks to Herr Steimel for his quick response.

Mike Sherman
Product Safety Engineer
Graco Inc.