Hi

For those running EMI Labs was wondering what procedures you use to move
Test Racks in and out of EMI Chambers,
We use custom made ramps, which we put over the door threshold, aligning
the front wheels on the ramp, then pushing the unit up and over into the
chamber.

Items which seem important:

   1. Wheel Size and base dimension
   2. Swivel wheels not aligned with ramp ( Most Test racks have swivel
   wheels fitted at the front)
   3. Communication between team members to move the rack
   4. Custom Alloy ramp made from  1/4" checker plate causing a lip where
   it touch's the floor
   5. Equipment with handles in rack placed near the top, (operator may try
   to use to move test rack)
   6. Poor center of gravity (equipment position for ergonomics)

Some of our 19" test racks are quite heavy, lightning generators at 400lbs
and other test racks such as amplifiers up to 650lbs
These are commercial units and I believe met safety requirements when
purchased.

My questions are:

What procedures/solutions do you have to move equipment and avoid a
tipping situation?

>From a standard point of view Is there any direction on Wheel Size, Wheel
base, height weight and Ramp Inclination and run off which I could use to
support possible improvements?

Thanks

Rich