On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 11:41:10 -0700,
  Richard Georgerian <richa...@mesanetworks.net> wrote:

> The European Journal has listed only the EN 62311:2008, whereas at the
> Cenelec webpage it has EN IEC 62311:2020. The "EN" in, EN IEC 62311:2020,
> implies that it is a harmonized standard and should be in the European
> Journal.

Not all "EN" will be harmonized under European Directives/Regulations.

> But I am not sure why the "IEC" is in the name or what it implies
> or its significance.

As described in clause 4.1 of CENELEC Guide 13 dated 2016-10,
https://ftp.cencenelec.eu/CENELEC/Guides/CLC/13_CENELECGuide13.pdf,
"EN IEC" now means the EN standard is identical with the corresponding
IEC standard.

> As for the EU Declaration of Conformity, are we only to
> state that a product meets, EN 62311:2008, when in fact, the product was
> tested to the 2020 version, or the latest version, even though the latest
> version is not in the European Journal?

I believe manufactures can choose to apply harmonized standards
or non-harmonized standards, although only the harmonized standards
will give presumption of conformity.

Although compliance with the newer non-harmonized standard necessary
means compliance with the older harmonized standard, if you can
demonstrate compliance with both editions of the standard, maybe
you can references older edition, newer edition or both editions
in your DoC.

Regards,
Tom