From: Russell Beattie [mailto:00000a0e51f5c059-dmarc-requ...@ieee.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2021 6:15 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Applicability of Conducted Immunity testing of Standalone
Systems interconnection cabling

Military products are outside the scope of the emc directive in the uk and
always has been. The UK approval process has not changed since Brexit.

However a lot of contracts placed by the MOD include the requirements of civil
standards as a general statement.

In this case it is not appropriate as the military vehicle has a specific
standard in Def Std 59-411. This should have been sorted out when the contract
submission was first reviewed by the MOD. The requirements of the EMC directive
are in no way applicable to the military vehicle.

If a comparison of results obtained during the Def Stan tests are compared with
the civil requirements (really suspect and difficult assessment as test methods
are very different and in most cases incompatible), the case needs to be
justified in a technical file to meet the requirements of the EMC Directive.

My advice would be to seriously question the need for, or point of, the civil
tests.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on
Android<https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&af_wl=ym&af_sub1=Internal&af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&af_sub3=EmailSignature>

On Tue, Aug 3, 2021 at 8:20 PM, Ken Javor