All,

Over the years, I've seen various ways people include a caution or warning,
in their user documents or product labels, for replacement fuses. Similar
to: "replace only with same type and rating of fuse";  followed by a
code: T1.6AH250V.
And for those who may not understand the code, they may sometimes add in
parentheses some variant of "(1.6 Amp time-lag, ~250V, high breaking
capacity)".

So now to my question, US manufacturers sometimes use the phrase "SLO-BLO"
or "Slow Blow" instead of Time-Lag or Time-Delay.  Are these terms commonly
used internationally and if so, are they clearly understood?

I took some time to look up SLO-BLO and found it's a registered trademark
for Littelfuse going back to 1957, and it has been continuously renewed
since that time.

Incidentally, a German Engineer once told me the way he would designate a
fuse type for a variety of tripping characteristics was in this order from
very slow to very fast: TT1.0A250V, T1.0A250V, 1.0A250V, F1.0A250V,
FF1.0A250V.

Thanks, -Doug

Douglas E Powell
Laporte, Colorado USA