Hi All -

Our chapter will have a short online presentation on this topic - details
and meeting link below.
Since online presentations can be viewed worldwide (though sometimes at
inconvenient times) we thought we would extend an invitation through the
EMC-PSTC list.
Those interested in seeing slides from previous presentations can check our
website at *https://r6.ieee.org/scv-pses/ <https://r6.ieee.org/scv-pses/> *.

Best regards,
John McBain, PSES SCV Chapter Secretary

*The Basics of Laser Safety in the Workplace*May 11 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm PDT

*Speaker: Regan Arndt*

*Time: May 11, 2022 05:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)*

*Presentation: **Laser biological effects and hazards and what to do about
them*

Do you have the right laser safety control program in place? It includes a
lot more than buying a few pairs of laser glasses.

This presentation provides an overview of what the Laser Safety Officer
(LSO) needs to know.

·         General knowledge of laser safety fundamentals and terminology.

·         Awareness of biological hazards associated with laser processes.

·         Understanding of the laser standards applicable to their industry.

·         Familiarity with beam – and non-beam – hazards in laser operation.

·         How to prevent industrial laser accidents through control
measures.

By the end of the presentation, you will be better informed about how
important implementing laser safety can be.
Perhaps you and your colleagues will “see the light” (or perhaps not!).

*Presenter: Regan Arndt*

Regan Arndt is a Product Compliance Engineer & Laser Safety Officer at
Thermo Fisher Scientific working with high power electron microscopes and
lasers for the semiconductor industry. In the last 28 years, Regan has been
a product safety & EMC engineer for several firms, including some NRTLs, as
well as an IECEE technical auditor and IECEE technical certifier for the CB
scheme. He is currently the Chair of the IEEE PSES SCV Chapter in Northern
California.

*Join Zoom Meeting*

IEEE PSES SCV Chapter is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82987430759?pwd=TmhXaGtibnora051UEdDZGg3K0hFZz09

Meeting ID: 829 8743 0759
Passcode: 181195