Greetings  to All!!

I have an industrial machine with blades that has to be changed out by the
User/Operator.  The blade is behind a door with a positive mechanical
action switch that when opened puts the motor's VFD into a Safe Stop
Function Mode (this is a certified Safety Function).  In addition, power is
removed from the Start Button circuit so the motor cannot unexpectedly
start.

When the E-Stop button is pressed, it does the same as the Door Switch
above, but in addition, it also opens the Motor Enable Relay which removes
the 3-phase power from the VFD.  Now the motor really really cannot
unexpectedly start.  I think this circuit arrangement is typical.

We noticed that many of our Customers instruct their Employees (Operators)
to PRESS the E-STOP Button before changing out the Blade taking advantage
of the extra layers of protection.

So here is my question.  Is it OK to instruct the Operator in OUR MANUALS
to Press the E-Stop when changing the blades?  We have always been told
that the E-Stop function should ONLY be used for Emergency and not for
routine tasks.  Is there any additional liability on  our company if we
give these instructions? In doing so, are we admitting that our product is
unsafe or not as safe and may unexpectedly start unless you press the
E-Stop?

What is your opinion of this topic?

Thanks to all.
The Other Brian