Hello list!

I have a relative with an implanted pacemaker/defibrillator who recently got
a fitness tracker that has a magnet for attachment/alignment of the charging
cord.  There are warnings in the user manual advising against people with
pacemakers using this product because of the magnets, which I assume are
fairly strong rare earth types.  I looked up the DoC for the tracker and the
EM field human exposure standards EN 50663 and EN 62479 are listed on the
DoC.  My question is do these standards and the similar IEC 62233 give a
reasonable assurance that a pacemaker would not be interfered with or are
these standards purely concerned with biological effects on the human body
only?  I would expect the pacemaker to be immune to a certain extent if it
is FDA listed and complies with IEC 60601-1-2.  I don't know the model
number of their device but I would expect them all to be similar.  Do they
need to send back their fitness tracker?  Or is the warning just thrown in
because the lawyers wanted it?

Although products I work on need to meet these types of standards, I don't
have much familiarity with these exposure standards because my products have
never failed

Regards,

Dan

Dan Roman, N.C.E.