Many thanks Doug,

…Richard Georgerian

Compliance Engineer

HID Global

From: Douglas Nix <00000bb8ff993b10-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ieee.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 7, 2022 8:19 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] "how to fish" - UKCA extension legislation

Andrew, Colleagues,

I watched the proceeding today, and the proposal received acceptance after some
debate. If you missed it, you can view the recording here:
https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/072dac0e-318e-403b-bd0c-29d3834427dd#player-tabs/.
 It’s also possible to download a recording for those that want to obsess over
the details.

There is no further clarity on plans for the future beyond the extension of the
mandatory implementation date.

Doug Nix

d...@mac.com <mailto:d...@mac.com>

"The way to solve the conflict between human values and technological needs is
not to run away from technology. That's impossible. The way to resolve the
conflict is to break down the barriers of dualistic thought that prevent a real
understanding of what technology is – not an exploitation of nature, but a
fusion of nature and the human spirit into a new kind of creation that
transcends both." – Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Robert M. Pirsig

On Dec 6, 2022, at 05:12, Andrew Wood
<0000170ccaf92990-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ieee.org
<mailto:0000170ccaf92990-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ieee.org> > wrote:

Lauren,

Thanks for this info.

Having browsed around the parliament website a little, I have found that the SI
has it’s own webpage and appears to be scheduled for another committee meeting
tomorrow at 2.30pm (that will be GMT) that is available to watch on
<http://parliament.tv/> parliament.tv.

>From the link you gave  <https://commonsbusiness.parliament.uk/>
>https://commonsbusiness.parliament.uk/   scroll down to other business on the
>left and select 3rd item down Statutory Instruments, enter “metrology” in the
>search box and the top hit is this SI. Clicking through brings up the webpage
>which opens by default on “details”. Click the timeline tab just above dates
>laid and notice a debate scheduled for tomorrow 7th December.

Clicking on that brings you to this page:
<https://committees.parliament.uk/event/16420>
https://committees.parliament.uk/event/16420

Hope this might be of interest.

Andy

Regards,

Andrew Wood

Compliance Manager – Hazardous Areas

 <https://www.ametek-land.com/> <image001.png>

Direct: +44 (0) 1246 581592

Address: AMETEK Land, Stubley Lane, Dronfield, Derbyshire. S18 1DJ England

E-mail:  <mailto:andrew.w...@ametek.com> andrew.w...@ametek.com| Web:
<http://www.ametek-land.com/> www.ametek-land.com

 <https://www.ametek-land.com/contactus/keepinguptodate> <image002.png>