Thank you Bernd, Mike and everyone else who replied with your helpful comments.

I think my dilemma concerns the interpretation of the rated voltage tolerance
in relation to the consideration of supply voltage for testing under clause
B.2.3 in IEC62368-1.  The clause looks unchanged since 2014 (if not before) and
reads:

<snip>
In determining the most unfavourable supply voltage for a test, the following
variables shall be taken into account:
– multiple rated voltages;
– extremes of rated voltage ranges; and
– tolerance on rated voltage as declared by the manufacturer.
Unless the manufacturer declares a wider tolerance, the minimum tolerance shall
be taken as +10 % and −10 % for AC mains and +20 % and −15 % for DC mains.
Equipment intended by the manufacturer to be restricted to connection to a
conditioned power supply system (for example, a UPS) may be provided with a
narrower tolerance if the equipment is also provided with instructions
specifying such restriction.
<snip>

The equipment under consideration is rated 100 to 240 Vac.  This range could be
seen as having a significantly wider tolerance than +10 % and −10 % depending
upon what AC mains voltage you had in mind, and therefore not be subject to any
further extension of tolerance according to the above rules, i.e. it would only
be assessed over the voltage range 100 to 240 Vac.   However, if the
conventional interpretation is to apply a minimum of +10 % and −10 % to any
stated voltage then the assessment would be performed over the voltage range 90
to 264 Vac.  The latter seems a safer way to go but I don't know that I could
assume it was tested that way and therefore not necessarily suitable for use on
UK mains with its maximum toleranced voltage of 253 V.

Regards,
Phil