Hi All,

I was thinking of doing a morning's presentation of just live experiments, no
slides, just a series of live experiments that most engineers will find
interesting, and may demonstrate that circuits and measurements do not always
act like we think they do. Here is a proposed list:

Experiments for "Morning With Doug"
1.  Loop shield e-field test for a magnetic field probe: Shows that shielded
cables do not work the way many of us think they do.
2.  Extended center conductor: implications of skin effect on circuits and EMC
issues
3.  IC coupling to a wire: Bad things can happen when an IC couples to a wire
above it, do not let loose cables to exist in your equipment designs.
4.  Shorted probe ESD: Why standard scope probes are not useful around ESD in
the environment.
5.  Jingling change ESD: One of my favourite effects
6.  Altering probe response with external resistors for both current and
voltage probes.
7.  Pulse injection on a uP eval board: how to find vulnerabilities from the
environment in a board design
8.  Locating ESD and other pulsed events in 3D space with an oscilloscope:
checking out an environment for problems or finding sources of field problems.

I think this will take a morning, 3-4 hours. Anyone interested? I haven't
decided on a cost yet. What do you think would be a reasonable cost?

Each session, if there is more than one, would be limited to 6-8 attendees. We
ARE going to have a lot of engineering fun! I am thinking of sometime next week
for the first session.

Doug
[https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_HuR3Ky2TF_XhFHyxnYRmiq7nHQldnMsPNYFaLG6kb5T4y8MeCe-BDC_BscJtSFgszSSjssihHS-pjM3-jwNP8S0CwE-gN8fsRsPkojiAlmpBwb20vIVizS-siCUywW_jqrefbVr]

https://www.mail-archive.com/emc-pstc@listserv.ieee.org/