Hi Chaz,

My thought is that concern over the simulated antenna can be neglected if the the source is "electrically short dipole" at the frequency of interest.  Simulating with the radiated field from such a source, with and without the shield, at a far field distance, should give you a decent approximation of the shield effectiveness.

Take care my friend!

Brent DeWitt, AB1LF
Milford, MA