Greetings fellow members,

Our industry will not be immune to this new era of AI technology and want
to bring up this topic again to obtain some more insight from the forum
into:

*"How do you think AI will play a future role in our Regulatory compliance
world?"*

I can see some real benefits to this when applying it to a risk assessment,
EMC redesign including change out of critical components, & possibly to
help support engineering judgments in lieu of testing (i.e. temperature
modeling), etc.…though I think we would have to include the usage of AI as
one of the potential risks in the risk assessment. lol

UL touched base on this topic during their UL Innovations summit held in
Fremont, CA yesterday.

I know there is the ISO/IEC DTR 5469 in development, but this appears, I
believe, to only address functional safety of the AI systems in question,
and not addressing AI in normal compliance assessments for products under
the category of laboratory, IT, audio, etc.

Also, is there someone out there that will be speaking to this during the
2024 ISPCE in Chicago next May? Perhaps there should be an IEEE PSES
technical committee created for this?

Side note: Nordcloud puts out a good summary blog on this:
https://nordcloud.com/blog/how-ai-can-help-you-obtain-regulatory-compliance/

There are other AI blogs out there in the ether but more tuned for the
financial sector and other industries….

Looking forward to the discussion.

P.S.

I am now the Chair for the IEEE PSES Risk assessment technical committee
and am looking for any volunteers to join our group. This topic will be one
to discuss soon within our group. Please email me at regan.ar...@ieee.org
or reganar...@gmail.com if you are interested in joining.

Cheers!

Regan Arndt