I finally got the feedback I was seeking from a swarm of quotes for EMC
testing for FCC and ISED, concerning qualifying a product with an
FCC-registered  WiFi module deployed onto our PCB.  I've tried processing the
FCC orders on what upholds or doesn't when placing the module on your PCB and
came away more confused than before.   The official way to test, measure and
report that your WiFi module is still OK when mounted on your board is via the
FCC guideline, KDB 996369 for Spurious Emissions.  This saves the whole suite
of intentional radiator testing to the tune of $15-20k.   What I am faced with
is that our product already did the full testing, and got its own FCC ID, so
taking this approach will probably require re-registration with FCC, am I
correct? Next question is:  can one keep Bluetooth (BT) classic, but dispense
with BT/Low Energy easily?  This also costs an extra $6-7k in an EMC lab and I
don't even know how much BTLE is really used.  All the best,Colorado Brian

https://www.mail-archive.com/emc-pstc@listserv.ieee.org/

Website:  https://ewh.ieee.org/soc/pses/
Instructions:  https://ewh.ieee.org/soc/pses/list.html (including how to
unsubscribe)