I have been asked about the requirements for submitting an FDA 2877 DECLARATION
FOR IMPORTED ELECTRONIC PRODUCTS SUBJECT TO RADIATION CONTROL STANDARDS, for a
laser used as a light source for microscopy. The goal is to use the exemption
under 21 CFR 1020.50 (a) 3, "Used by trained individuals for research.”

As I have not done one of these submissions before, if you have experience with
this I would be open to referring the work to you. If you are willing to get me
up on the topic, that would work too.

Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Doug Nix
d...@ieee.org