Greetings to all.

We are working on a motor driven machine that would be used in a
commercial, industrial, and light industrial environment.

The machine has a Green button to Start, and a Red button to Stop.  These
buttons are illuminated.  Other than the e-stop, these are the only
operator controls on the product.

When the machine is stopped, the Green button is lit. When you press the
green button, the motor starts, but then the green light in the button goes
out and the red light in the Stop button lights up (not flashing).    Is
this OK?

The design team for this project thought it would help the Operator find
the buttons easier this way.

I must also state that this machine is not designed to follow the
construction rules for Control Panels. We call it a highbred design.  It
will be serviced and maintained by the manufacturer.

My only question is regarding the illuminated lights but feel free to
comment on any other aspect of this email.

Regards,
The Other Brian

EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG

https://www.mail-archive.com/emc-pstc@listserv.ieee.org/