Just finished some testing at an accredited lab.  For an accredited report,
they run QPs on all measurements whose peak are w/in 6 dB of the limit.  I
don't know if that's their rule, or by the regulations.  FYI Colorado Brian
---------- Forwarded Message ----------
From: Bill Owsley <000000f5a03f18eb-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ieee.org>
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Radiated Emissions - How many points to QP?
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 06:19:10 +0000

 It reads like there are two limits, peak and QP.  Go over either one and by
how many and by how much over, does not matter.  it is a fail and fix it.
Otherwise, the lab should be recording the 6 points of each P and QP for 12
points, well,  let the slide if all points are below the QP limit and graph
shows that.
Now to get lab to show a continuous graph for radiated emissions might be a
problem.
Easier to get a new lab !
Some cheap labs will fake a continuous plot by connecting the highest dots.
Run from them !
Long details on the experience that I got.

 On Friday, April 5, 2024 at 03:33:01 PM EDT, Stultz, Mark
<00000f79f2e10e47-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ieee.org> wrote:  Hello PSES brain
trust,
When doing radiated emissions measurements, how many frequencies should be
quasi-peaked?
CISPR 16-2-3 clause 6.4.9 states:
&ldquo;Of those disturbances above (L-20dB), where L is the limit level in
logarithmic units, the disturbance levels and the frequencies of at least the
six highest disturbances shall be recorded.&rdquo;

We have always done QP measurements on all peak measurements above the limit,
even if that is more than six points.
I have a lab arguing that they only need to measure the top six, regardless of
how many peak measurements are above the limit.
Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark
EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG