That would cause the emission of white phosphorus vapour, which burns in air spontaneously even at room temperature, and is highly toxic. That is, if there is any red phosphorus there, which I very much doubt.

On 2024-07-10 23:07, Richard Nute wrote:

Hi Christopher:

To put your mind at ease regarding the flammability of the Red Phosphorus, I suggest you test it.  Suspend the core by a wire.  Apply a small flame (1 inch max) from a barbecue starter to the bottom of the core, and see what happens.

The core should provide a heat sink for the red phosphorus such that it cannot reach ignition temperature, or exceed the burn time of  94V-0.

I agree with Ted and Ralph.

Good luck, and best regards,

Rich