If power rating for the slow motion would be ~10W or so, a big, fast
microstepper stepper motor, like the Shinano Kenshi SKC83D I use could
do the job. With 250 microsteps per electrical phase I get 12500
microsteps per revolution, what can get you really fluent motion.

But that is the system of things I like to use, your conditions may vary.