Hi, my compliments for the project and the webpage, very nice.

The Kress spindle can machine aluminium without any problem. Of course you
should use the right mills. If you want something more advanced, you could
try High Frequency spindles...but you will need a HF driver and the whole
system of course will cost to you  a lot more than a normal 240V AC Kress.

You can see some HF spindles here:

http://www.cnc-modellbau.de/shop/

or try the direct link if it works...:

http://s84728158.einsundeinsshop.de/sess/utn;jsessionid=1545c71543301d8/shopdata/0005_HF-Spindeln+=26amp=3B+Umrichter/product_overview.shopscript

Or here:

http://www.ronchinimassimo.com/elettromandrini_hf.htm

Or search on google and you will find others...

Regards,

Manfredi

http://search.msn.com/