Well I think I have found a more convienient way of handling the dialup.  After
going through the activation procedure, after closing the browser I just turn
off the modem power. When I want to go on line I restore the power to the modem
and shortly thereafter it begins dialing in.

Another convienience I found. To get numlock enabled on boot add the following
to the
/etc/Xll/xinit/xinitrc file:

. /usr/bin/numlockx on

I had to go to sudo to do this. But now numlock is on when I boot up like I am
used to.

Jack Ensor