-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul Fox
Sent: 09 March 2007 22:18
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] WIFI cards and Ubuntu 6.06

andy wrote:
 > Another question - Has anyone successfully installed a WIFI card
under
 > Ubuntu 6.06.  My CNC PC is out in the workshop and it's a pain to
drag
 > it in to the house and connect it to the router via a cable everytime

do you already have wireless in the house?  if so, another option
(besides installing a wireless card in your emc linux pc) would
be to install a wireless bridge in the shop.  the ethernet on
your PC connects to the bridge, which connects via wireless to your
home network.  the advantage would be that it avoids having to do
any configuration on linux -- your linux box only has the ethernet.

a friend has one of these and really likes it:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833180021

paul
 paul fox, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (arlington, ma, where it's 25.3
degrees)

-
your
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDE