No need to reply, I found that placing "loadrt probe_parport" in the hal
file and also forcing my bios settings to epp and address 0x378.

By the way, Great software and user list.

  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Colin
Sent: Saturday, 24 March 2007 12:57 PM
To: 'Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)'
Subject: [Emc-users] Parallel port pins not reflecting paraport pins

Hello,

Using the "halcmd show pin" command I viewed all the paraport values as emc2
was running, however, the values did not reflect the voltage readings on my
parallel port. Is there something that I have to enable for emc to drive my
pp pins? I am running ubuntu on a pentium2.

thanks