This is a revisit of this topic. Some time ago we were discussing the tiny
bit problem
and what type of motor would be best for this.

Yesterday I picked up what I believe will be my new emc machine.
Some time ago, where my brother worked. they disposed of some old printed
circuit board routing machines.
He was able to save two of them from the dumpster, and gave me one.

It's a  Seebach LPKF (West Germany),  20x26" table, gantry style.
I went to thier website and the closest thing they offer today is something
like this:
http://www.lpkf.com/products/rapid-pcb-prototyping/circuit-board-plotter/protomat-m60.htm

My unit is a little different.  The gantry does not have a sheetmetal cover
like the one above.
All major items are made 1/2" thick aluminum.  The rails are about 7/8"
precision rods with linear bearings.

The X,Y axis have two steppers.   The Z axis is a solenoid that moves about
1/4 inch.
I intend to construct a new stepper driven Z axis.  I will probably use a
xylotex controller.

The steppers have 10 wires, so there may be encoders on them.
No electronics or documentation was included.   So I will have to figure
everything out.

There are a few circuit boards that serve as wire junctions and for mounting
the limit switches.
I think from this (and an ohm meter) I can figure out the wiring to the
steppers.

The power head is what I'm getting to.  The motor is a cylinder about 1 1/2
inch diameter and 5 inches long.
It has ball bearings.

I hooked up my bench DC supply and powered the motor up.
Even at 24 volts (the limit of my bench supply) I don't think this motor was
even close to 10,000 rpm.
It definitely needs more voltage.  At 24v it was drawing very little
current, about 160ma.

Unfortunately I don't what the motor rating is, but given the thin guage of
wire,  I suspect that it is a
high voltage, low current type of DC motor.  This is something I have never
encountered before.

The spec sheet for their current model states 60,000 rpm spindle speed.
I don't know how I am going to come up with a power supply for this.  It
might take 80-100 volts
before it hits this speed.

I have access to tachometer.  So that's a start I guess.

Anybody know where I can get a 100 volt 1 amp DC supply?