I just tried to update my machine (using update manager) with the latest
2.1.5 version and during the install process my machine crashed. Blank
screen, and I couldn't shut the machine down with the off/on switch. I
shut off the power and the machine started the reboot process and when I
entered the user name and password the small cursor appeared at the top
of the screen and a few seconds later the start up splash appears along
with the startup sound and then the screen goes blank and back to the
same situation as before, frozen.
Prior to this attempted update the machine was working fine. Any
suggestions as to what may have happened?