Hi Andre.  It has been quite a while since I saw your name here.

I've installed the Ubuntu, both 5 and 6 on several systems that had XP
preinstalled.  Most of time the XP survived.  It does tend to startup in
whatever XP considers a safe mode but lives okay after that first reboot
to it.  By default if you say yes it will shrink the XP partitions to
about half their original size.  Be sure to save any critical stuff to
something else before you do the install.

Ray