Andre' Blanchard wrote:
> I have been working with EMC2 Live that I installed not long ago, and I
> need a better text editor.
> I have been trying to get used to vim but that thing requires a lot of
> typing just to do simple things like split a window.
Ugh! (to all vi derivatives)

There should be either xedit or gedit on there, already.  I use
emacs with the x-enabled extensions.  The old ones were loaded
in two parts, now it all comes as one package.  The X version of
emacs can split the window with one keystroke, and you drag the
border to change the sizes.

Oh, if you don't have net access, then it is harder to download
all these optional features.

Jon