I have a problem with f-error being larger than normal when homing.

I ran this program :
%
G00 G40 G49 G80
G90 G54 G20 G61
G00 X0.2
G01 X0.1 F6.
X0.2
X0.1
X0.2
X0.1
X0.2
M02
%
and took a screenshot of HAL Oscilloscope to demonstrate normal f-error:
http://imagebin.org/8953

This next screenshot shows the f-error when homing:
http://imagebin.org/8954

My mill set-up:
EMC 2.1.6
3 axis
Servos
2 Hall effect limit switches/axis (no home switch)
Note: Indepentantly of EMC2, the limit switches disable the servo amps
in the current direction of travel only.

 From m5i20 .ini:

# First axis
[AXIS_0]

TYPE =                  LINEAR
HOME =                  0.0
MAX_VELOCITY =          4.0
MAX_ACCELERATION =      20.0
BACKLASH =         0.000
INPUT_SCALE =           20000
OUTPUT_SCALE =         1
OUTPUT_OFFSET =         0
MIN_LIMIT =             -32.0
MAX_LIMIT =             20.0
FERROR =        0.02
MIN_FERROR =         0.02
HOME_OFFSET =           -0.1
HOME_SEARCH_VEL =       0.1
HOME_LATCH_VEL =        0.01
HOME_USE_INDEX =        FALSE
HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS =    YES
MAX_OUTPUT =            10
# PID tuning params
DEADBAND =              0.000015
P =                     200
I =                     0
D =                     0
FF0 =                   0
FF1 =                   1
BIAS =                  0

The problem exists on all axis. f-error reduces as HOME_SEARCH_VEL and
HOME_LATCH_VEL decrease.

Am I correct in thinking the larger than nomal f-error is caused  by the
servo amp being disabled by the the limit switch during the homing sequence?

What can you suggest to overcome this so that I can run it with minimum
FERROR and MIN_FERROR settings?

Thank you.

Richard.