On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 09:40:54PM +0200, Sven Mueller wrote:
> This board uses an AMD Geode LX and provides both a
> standard parallel port and GPIO pins (exported from the Winbond W83627hf
> Super I/O Controller). The driver for this chip in
> drivers/hwmon/w83627hf.c provides access to these GPIO pins.
>
> Any chance one could turn this into a driver which EMC² can support?

It looks like someone with the datasheet, one of these boards, and a
basic knowledge of how to write HAL hardware drivers should be able to
knock out a driver in a day.

One example of a simple hardware driver for a made-up piece of hardware
is shown in the docs:
    http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.1/html/hal/comp/#SECTION00193000000000000000
another simple driver is one that allows use of certain "serial port"
pins as GPIO:

http://cvs.linuxcnc.org/cvs/emc2/src/hal/drivers/serport.comp?rev=1.4.4.1;content-type=text%2Fplain

Jeff