Hi John

The tkemc and mini graphical interfaces use the concept of active axis.
If you click on the position displays the active axis will switch to
that axis.  You can see the active one because in manual mode there is a
groove around it.

Tkemc  will home the active axis when you press the home button or jog
it with the jog buttons next to home.  Mini will show you the name of
the axis it plans to home when you press the zero button.

HTH

Ray