On Monday 06 August 2007, aaron Moore wrote:
>Hi list
>Am planning a 1.5m x 1.5m gantry style woodwork router.  I have an old PII
> computer running at 222 hz. I have loaded ubuntu + emc, but can you tell me
> if I will be able to use it n a fairly basic router set up. Thanks for your
> recent answers
>Aaron

That, assuming you meant mhz and not hz above, may not be enough cpu speed to
allow the faster motions wood would need to keep from burning even sharp
bits.  I'd hit the thrift shops for something in the gigahertz or more speed
range.  This is assuming you are going to use steppers, with real servo's
(more $$) it might do.

--
Cheers, Gene
To understand a program you must become both the machine and the program.