On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 08:31:03AM -0500, John Thornton wrote:
> I'm trying to restore a saved HAL file in the terminal window.
> following the HAL TUTORIAL Chap 2.3.6
> I get the following error after issuing this command:
>
> linux:~$ halcmd -f saved.hal
> RAPTI: ERROR: could not open shared memory (error=2)
> HAL: ERROR:   rtapi init failed
> calcmd: hal_init() failed: -9
> NOTE: 'rtapi' kernel module must be loaded
>
> I've searched the hal doc and can not find any information on this.

Looks like this part of the documentation needs to be updated.

Try this instead:
    halrun -I -f saved.hal
to start the realtime environment (halrun), load saved.hal (-f
saved.hal), then show the 'halcmd:' prompt (-I).

You'll need to issue 'start' once at the halcmd prompt to start the
realtime threads; the 'start' command isn't written by 'halcmd save'.

Jeff