I think it's this:

your.ini
[TRAJ]
DEFAULT_VELOCITY =      0.xxx

For me it seems to set the initial jog slider setting. Although, you
should not be able to jog beyond operational limits if your other
settings are correct.

Such as:

your.ini
[TRAJ]
MAX_VELOCITY =      x.xxx
and

[AXIS_X]
MAX_VELOCITY =                 x.xxx

Early on, I found that my max acceleration defaults were a bit high,
which also tripped a following error during jogs.

--
Kirk Wallace (California, USA
Hardinge HNC lathe