Gentlemen,
    I am working on a kinematics module. This is an outline of what I
want to do.
    Comments, suggestions, concerns?

Here goes.

**************************
Added to the .ini file:

---------
[TRAJ]
tool/pivot length
---------
in each [AXIS_*]

x axis offset
y axis offset
z axis offset
order of calculation
---------

********************************
in the new module

    In the kinematics module I will have a macro using a 3D rotation
algorithm to calculate x, y and z correction values. Inputs to the
macro will be the commanded position of the axes (X, Y, Z, A, B, C
positions) and either the x, y, and z axis offset values from the
chosen [AXIS_*] section or the current tool length value from the tool
table file (or the default tool/pivot length from the [TRAJ] section).
    The module will use the x, y, and z axis offset values and the A,
B, and C axis commanded postions to calculate the correction values.
The calculated correction values will then be added to the X, Y and Z
commanded positions and passed to the next calculation. Eventually the
sum of the axis position commands and the total correction
calculations will be sent to the joint position commands.
    The order of calculation value will let the module know the order
in which to calculate the correction values to match the machine's
physical configuration. The order of calculation value could also let
the module know which axis does not need a calculation.
    Linear axes will not have geometric correction values therefore
would not need a calculation done. Unless this module is expanded to
cover orthogonal error such as the X axis not being perfectly
perpendicular to the Y axis. This could be done but is beyond the
scope of this exercise.
    The calculations will be done and implemented for all machine
positions after the axes are homed.
    The difference between the commanded axis positions and the joint
positions will be the accumulated correction values.
thanks
Stuart