Does AXIS or any of the other displays support messages from .ngc or
allow variable inputs.

I would like to place something like (MSG  "Be sure you have touched
off before continuing this program")
in my code.  It would go along with a dwell to allow you to abort the
program if you had forgotten to touch off.

NGC apparently supports this but I can't seem to figure out where it
would be displayed.

I would also like to be able to prompt for data input (as in "Please
enter desired diameter:")  but I haven't found anything that appears
to support that in NGC.  Could I do the data input prompt by calling
a shell script that would prompt for the data and replace the
variables in the .NGC script?

Thanks,
Cecil