Hi Everyone,

Have any of you entered a negative number in the pulley ratio field of
the Stepconf Wizard? I have! It gets terribly confused and pukes! I
figured since my old *.ini file needed a negative number to go the
correct direction I would try it there. See the logic?

After hitting the "test this" button the axis doesn't work and the axis
is set to a ridiculous number for the axis speed. In my case that number
was -32.xxxxx (replace 'x' with useless numbers...) inches per second.
And, of course, the machine can't do that!

The solution to this confusion is to invert the direction signal earlier
in the stepconf wizard setup and use positive numbers in the pulley
ratio. That seems to work. No unrealistic feed rate then...

As usual, your friendly fool proof tester is ALWAYS on the job making
life better by doing thing you never thought of doing.

Clint