I think Python is a fine language for this.  In the emc sample files,
there is a program "holecircle.py" uses python and tkinter to prompt the
user for the required values and show a schematic preview of the result.
Two thirds of holecircle.py are generic code for prompting the user that
should be separated out into a separate module to be used by other
similar programs, and one third is concerned with generating the preview
or the gcode.

Others -- Kenneth Lerman comes to mind -- have mentioned work on
"generic wizard" programs for gcode.  I think his design is to use gcode
programs with special comments at the top which direct the wizard
program to prompt for certain values.  In this case, repetitions
(looping and subroutines) are done in emc's "o-words".  I don't know if
Kenneth has a preview version for download, all I recall seeing are some
nice looking screen shots.

Jeff