On Tuesday 27 November 2007, Louis Barchey wrote:
>I downloaded emc2.2.1-ubuntu6.06-desktop-i386.iso. I used infarecorder to
> put image on cd.
>
>I checked the md5sum on the download and it is fine. I can not check the
> md5sum on the cd?

Linux has a bug in the readahead logic.  You must calculate how many blocks
the cd has of size 2048, then ask dd for that many only, and pipe that to
md5sum.  It will probably be good then.

>I tried to boot from the cd and can not run the "live cd".
>
>The pc is a hp Pavilion, Celeron 2.93 ghz with Windows XP, the dvd
> is:TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-H492A.
>
>I set to boot on cd, I checked to be sure the cd is iso etc>

Ahh, do you see the iso file when you look at the cd, or do you see a
directory structure as if it was a normal disc?  If you see the .iso file,
you burned it using the wrong burn mode.

--
Cheers, Gene
Most people don't need a great deal of love nearly so much as they need