Unless you already have some sort of RS232 receiver/decoder for those
valves,
etc., it would be simpler to add a PCI parport. I did that and now have all
kinds
of inputs and outputs. I paid about 12 USD for the port. Of course, if
you're using
a laptop, the cost for a PCM card would be much more. PCI parports are
available
in single and dual port models. You then use lspci to find the address of
the newly
added port and add
*loadrt probe_parport
loadrt hal_parport cfg="0x0378 out 0xxxxx out"*
to your *.hal file where the 0xxxx is replaced with the port's address found
with lspci.
I or anyone else here would be glad to help you with your configuration if
needed.
I'm using 3 inputs for X, Y & Z limit (opposite ends of axes from home
switches) and
7 outputs to drive 3 home LEDs, 3 limit LEDs and a Xen LED.

HTH,
Emory

On Nov 30, 2007 3:27 AM, Klemen Dovrtel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is it possible to send a simple command to rs232
> within the G code using emc. I would like to control
> the pneumatic valves and some other simple stuff and i
> don't want to sped parallel port pins for simple
> things like this.
>
> BTW, is there an option to control individual I/O pins
> via parallel port using G code.
>
> Regard
> Klemen

Emory Smith