On Mon, Dec 24, 2007 at 04:51:41PM +0000, Andy Lee wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have come across add odd behaviour when contour milling with Axis and
> EMC 2.2.2 on a Sherline 5000. After the first 3 levels have cut fine,
> the G2 circular lines are subsequently ignored and only lines with
> linear codes are read. The debug output also shows the program skipping
> line numbers with G2 codes on. I've checked and double checked the
> program and can find no cause for it.
>
> I was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and could shed any
> light on the problem. The code where the erroneous behaviour starts is:
> <<
> N210 X-10.153 Y10.147
> N212 G1 Z15.022 F10
> N214 G2 X-10.153 Y-10.147 I-10.147 J-10.147 F75
> N216 G1 X-11.415 Y-11.409
> N218 G2 X-14.39 Y-13.085 I-4.49 J4.49
> N220 G1 X-14.392 Y-13.077
> N222 G2 X-28.375 Y-11.862 I-5.908 J13.077
> N224 G1 X-29.5 Y-11.85

Hi Andy, I ran this code and it worked properly.  The only changes I
made were to add G21 and G0 to the beginning, and M2 to the end.

http://timeguy.com/cradek-files/emc/andy-success.png

The preview and machine motion matched.  If you are getting a
different result, we need more information to reproduce it.
Some things that I wonder are:

Does the preview look wrong?

Does the machine motion match the preview?

What exactly do you mean that the arcs are skipped?

What else is above in the program that might influence the path?
Maybe tool radius or length compensation?  G64 setting?  If tool
radius or length comp, what is in the tool table?

Can you narrow down the problem to a very short program that
reproduces it, so you can post the entire program here?

Chris