Stuart Stevenson wrote:
> 
>     The scales are SONY scales with an MD10A interpolator on them. The
> interpolator gives a max resolution of .5 UM. .5 micrometers is
> 0.00002 inch. I don't know what the interpolator is configured for. It
> can be configured for .5, 1, 2, 2.5, 4, 5, 10 UM.
> 
> 
OK, then, that solves THAT problem.  At .5 um you get 50800 
counts/inch, which should be good enough for nice smooth movement.
> 
>     I have DAC output from the ppmc boards to the A/B ac servo amps. I
> don't have motion yet. I am a lot closer. We will try to determine why
> the amps don't output later today.
Unless the ballscrews have a lot of slop, you should be able to 
make it run just on the linear scale.  Maybe much over 2 
thousandths of an inch would get to a lot of rattling or 
excessive use of deadband.  I assume these amps have tach feedback?

Jon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2008.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
_______________________________________________
Emc-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users

Reply via email to