On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 06:03 -0600, John Thornton wrote:
> That is how my DRO's work that I built for my mill and lathe.
>
> http://www.shumatech.com/
>
> John
> On 31 Jan 2008 at 18:04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Another thought, is there any value in having an RS-232 connection
> > with serial calipers or micrometers?

That's a nice setup DRO system and website you have. I was fishing for a
reason to have a serial micrometer connected to EMC for a reason other
than as motion feed back or axis position. For instance, to automate
offset adjustments, or something like Will Ferrell said in Old School,
"Maybe she's wearing something I haven't even thought of yet."

--
Kirk Wallace (California, USA
Hardinge HNC lathe,