> http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalogue/Stepper-Motors
> The 180Ncm will be big enough, and at ?18.50 at the moment ...
> The 3 Amp driver at ?28.95 each are a good option for driving them, so for
> under ?150 you have all the grunt.
> They will run direct off the parallel port, but a simple breakout board will
> be useful, and all one is missing is some DC power. 35V at a few amps does
> not
> cost a lot.

Thanks to both who suggested this.

I'm looking at the 220 Nm ACL571157525M steppers and the SMD093064 controller x
3.

The documentation doesn't show the method of connection to a PC.

The sino glass scales terminate in one RS232 per each of the three axes.

So, this "useful breakout board" which will accept 3 x whatever connectors the
SMD
controllers take plus the 3x RS232, presumably a PCI job?

Any hints and tips much appreciated.

The PSU is no problemo.

TIA